Proletariat is a Boston-based startup built by game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, Media Molecule, and Insomniac. We lovingly handcraft engaging gaming experiences, focusing on creating great multiplayer games. Like the original revolution, Proletariat rises up to wrest game development from big industry and return it to the people—and we’re looking for some awesome people to help us do it!
Even if you don’t see a specific role for you, we’re always happy to receive job inquiries from talented people who are interested in working for us. Proletariat is a well-funded, venture-backed startup that offers attractive salary, benefits, and equity for qualified candidates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the revolution!
For more information, meet our team and check out our current projects: World Zombination, a tower defense MMO named “Editor’s Choice” on the App Store that features massive zombie hordes, and Streamline, our currently in-development multiplayer action game that is the first in a new genre of Stream First games that uses live streaming as a platform and pushes the frontier of audience interaction.
Proletariat is currently looking for a Visual Designer who can set a high bar for design and usability in all of our products including mobile-first applications, games, and web. The ideal candidate designs and creates clean, functional, playful designs, has a portfolio of great work to prove it, is a skilled communicator, and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small design test.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, Game Designers, Software engineers and Product Managers to shape ideas and prototype.
- Create style guides and UI libraries to ensure interface and design consistency.
- Design and build beautiful, clean interfaces for mobile, web, and game.
- Incorporate internal and user feedback to iterate on design solutions.
- 3+ years of experience designing beautiful interface.
- Expertise in using color, style, iconography, web typography, information design, and visual hierarchies.
- Experience building with CSS/HTML.
- Experience in pixel perfect and responsive design development.
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment.
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback.
- Enjoys playing a wide variety of games.
- Experience with incorporating user testing.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal development tools.
- Game development experience
Business Development Manager
Proletariat is seeking a Business Development Manager to help drive the continued success of our strategic partnerships. This individual will work as a bridge between the Product and Engineering teams and grow 3rd party partnerships. They should be a hardworking creative problem solver, excellent communicator, and flawless executor.
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities within the games vertical.
- Structure, negotiate and close partnerships in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key partners at every level and horizontally within game development and publishing organizations.
- Work with various divisions (including Engineering, Product and Audience) to gain support for key initiatives and deals
- Deep knowledge of the video game ecosystem and senior contacts at the key players both AAA and Indie.
- Proven ability to structure, execute and develop complex strategic partnerships that create significant value for Proletariat.
- Several years of strong experience working on technology licensing, middleware sales, game publishing, or game partnership.
- Solid understanding of the video game industry and video game development.
- Deep knowledge of live streaming services and broadcasters.
- Experience live streaming or creating content.
- 3+ years business development and strategic account management or similar experience.
- Strong presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Extensive database of senior contacts throughout the gaming industry and the ability to network.
- Experience in game development as a member of a team that has shipped at least one title.
- Self starter who can operate with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Twitch.tv, YouTube and other streaming services.
- Strong existing relationships within the gaming community.
- Experience with esports, live video content, or gaming communities.
- Passion for video games.
- Previous employment at a games industry company or media company.
Senior Gameplay Engineer
Proletariat is seeking a Senior Game Engineer join the team of our newest game in development, Streamline. This individual will work with the product team to prototype and build innovative multiplayer gameplay mechanics, and work with artists to deliver high quality visuals at smooth framerates in Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for someone who is a detail-oriented perfectionist, with experience building highly-polished products for demanding audiences.
- Prototype and build new gameplay features for Streamline, a fast-paced multiplayer action game.
- Work with artists to build new graphical effects.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- 5 years professional experience in game development.
- Professional experience with C/C++ as well as high-level languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…).
- At least 2 years professional experience developing game systems for real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Solid understanding of 3D math fundamentals.
- Solid knowledge of CPU and GPU performance characteristics and optimization techniques.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with modern 3D graphics engines, including writing shaders and working with artists.
- Experience writing physics and character movement controllers in 3D games.
- Experience with the Haxe programming language.
Build and Release Engineer
Proletariat is seeking a Build and Release Engineer to join the team of our newest game in development, Streamline. This individual will work with closely with Engineering, QA, and Art teams and will be responsible for automating the build and deployment of our products in multiple environments. We are looking for someone who is a detail-oriented perfectionist, with experience designing, maintaining, and optimizing build and deploy systems.
- Maintain and optimize tools to automate the build, test, and deployment of software in an agile development environment.
- Own and maintain scripts to deploy our products and services to multiple environments including production.
- Collaborate with development teams to make sure all build and deployment needs are met.
- Build dashboards to provide visibility into the health of environments.
- Document the build and release processes and train development teams in how to use the tools effectively.
- 3 years build and release management experience.
- Professional experience working as a DevOps, Build, and Release Engineer.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Experience with Ant, Make, or other build tools.
- Experience with Git, Perforce or other source control management systems.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or other cloud providers.
- Skill with scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby.
- Skill with Chef or Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Git LFS