Proletariat is a Boston-based startup built by game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, Media Molecule, and Insomniac. We lovingly handcraft engaging gaming experiences, focusing on creating great multiplayer games. Like the original revolution, Proletariat rises up to wrest game development from big industry and return it to the people—and we’re looking for some awesome people to help us do it!
Even if you don’t see a specific role for you, we’re always happy to receive job inquiries from talented people who are interested in working for us. Proletariat is a well-funded, venture-backed startup that offers attractive salary, benefits, and equity for qualified candidates. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the revolution!
For more information, meet our team and check out our current projects: World Zombination, a tower defense MMO named “Editor’s Choice” on the App Store that features massive zombie hordes, and Streamline, our currently in-development multiplayer action game that is the first in a new genre of Stream First games that uses live streaming as a platform and pushes the frontier of audience interaction.
Proletariat’s Product Manager is a key leader in product development. This person understands the ecosystem through extensive market research, and works with Proletariat’s leads and the product team to create a product vision that executes the company’s strategy. They communicate and define a product vision for the development team, and direct the team throughout feature development. The Product Manager is responsible for the success of the feature and project, from design to development to post release analysis.
- Own key business priorities like user growth or important partnerships.
- Propose, specify, manage, and analyze new features and experiments for Proletariat’s games and services.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team throughout the entire design, build, test, and release process.
- Lead key development efforts like roadmap planning, market research, business metrics analysis, A/B testing, and user testing.
- Years of experience in consumer facing software development, whether Product Management or any related role.
- BA/BS in a technology, business related or analytical discipline.
- Fluency in basic consumer based software metrics like DAU, retention, and k-factor. Comfortable reading and interpreting (but not necessarily building) data driven reports from sources like Google Analytics or Tableau.
- Experience writing code yourself, whether in school or afterwards.
- Deeper understanding of consumer analytics, including building metrics based reports directly. Even more bonus points for fluency in SQL.
- Familiarity with statistics, particularly in evaluating a/b tests and similar experiments.
- Interest in streaming through sites like Twitch, Youtube, or Facebook live. More bonus points for broadcasting video yourself!
- Interest in games, particularly PC games and eSports.
- Additional education in any related discipline, including an MBA.
Title & compensation commensurate with candidate’s background.